Nashville Face Lift and Neck Lift
When your face reflects who you are in positive ways, you not only look younger – you also feel more confident and energetic. Worries, hereditary traits, and time spent outdoors may have damaged your facial tissues and created a worn, sagging look, but a Nashville face lift by Dr. Maxwell can restore a firmer, smoother, and dramatically more revitalized appearance.
Dr. Maxwell is passionate about providing his patients the benefit of the most advanced, yet proven techniques. His “artistic eye” and “gifted” surgical skills enable him to restore a more youthful, yet natural look. One of the first American aesthetic surgeons to conceptualize and embrace “short scar” and minimally-invasive techniques, Dr. Maxwell emphasizes the importance of a comfortable, healing patient experience and a rapid recovery with little “downtime.” Learn more about his facelift options when you request your consultation online or call 615.932.7700 to contact his offices today.
A Facelift and Neck Lift Can:
- Smooth out fine lines and deep facial folds
- Restore a sharper, firmer-looking jaw line and eliminate “neck wattles”
- Eliminate “jowling” and sagginess created by loose muscles or excess skin and fat
- Energize your look and enhance a positive self-image
Planning Your Procedure
Because facial sagging results from a variety of causes, each patient requires a unique assessment and surgical plan. Dr. Maxwell has extensive experience researching and developing some of the most advanced cosmetic surgery techniques available today, and he is committed to understanding and meeting the needs of each patient individually. His signature “MAX-Lift” approach combines volume enhancement (when the “fullness of youth” has been lost), with appropriate tissue suspension and tightening (never a “pulled look”), carried out through minimal-scar techniques
Dr. Maxwell will perform a thorough examination of your facial tissues and discuss your goals with you personally before you settle together on a customized plan for the Nashville face lift or neck lift technique that offers the results you want. Typical choices in his “MAX-Lift” concepts include:
- Traditional facelift: For extensive facial sagginess, Dr. Maxwell often recommends a traditional face lift. As a strong advocate of minimally-invasive techniques, Dr. Maxwell strives to create natural-looking adjustments with a minimum of disruption to the tissues in order to re-drape loose facial muscles and restore the position, contour, and appearance of facial tissues in the mid and lower face area. Depending on your needs, Dr. Maxwell may recommend an approach that will include a neck lift or brow lift as well.
- Mini lift: For women and men who have relatively good skin tone but have moderately sagging facial tissues, a mini lift may offer distinct advantages in terms of recovery and post-procedure comfort. Dr. Maxwell offers a short-scar, S-Lift technique, as well as mini face lift procedures focused on the jaw line, cheeks, and mid-face, and procedures that allow for an incision hidden behind the ear. Some patients will benefit from a dual approach that includes noninvasive treatments such as BOTOX® Cosmetic, fat grafting, or facial fillers along with the mini lift.
- Neck lift: Sagging skin and muscles in the neck area can “erase” the healthy line of your jaw and seem to pull your whole face downward. Dr. Maxwell, who developed and pioneered minimal scar neck lifts, offers procedures including cervical and submental lifts to tighten loose muscles and eliminate excess skin or fat near the neck and chin, and in some cases can pair this procedure with an upper-facial procedure as well.
Dr. Maxwell and his highly trained surgical team at MAXWELL AESTHETICS pursue the highest aesthetic and surgical standards for each procedure, and he will be happy to discuss with you the measures he takes to minimize scarring and ensure that your results harmonize beautifully – and naturally – with your features. For examples of his results, please view his gallery of facelift before and after photos.
Facelift Surgery and Results
Before your procedure, Dr. Maxwell and his helpful, highly trained staff will meet with you to make sure you understand your procedure and recovery thoroughly, and to answer any questions you may have. Your facelift may be performed at MAXWELL AESTHETICS’ specially designed OR suite, or at the Baptist Outpatient Surgery Center (Surgicare) a few blocks away. Safety, privacy, respect, a caring approach and excellent care, in addition to the highest standard for surgical outcomes, are the hallmarks of the experience at MAXWELL AESTHETICS.
In most cases a facelift is performed under “twilight” or general anesthesia, as an outpatient procedure. Some patients prefer an overnight stay, and out-of-town patients stay in a near-by hotel, occasionally with a “private duty” nurse. The surgery itself generally takes several hours, although you should expect to spend extra time in the operating room if your procedure will focus on multiple areas.
Afterward, you will return to your home or, for our out-of-town guests, to one of the designated hotels conveniently located a short distance of our surgical center. Most patients feel recovered within a week of their procedure, although full healing may take two to three weeks. Our goal is to maximize the experience as well as the outcome.