Tummy Tuck in Nashville
A smooth, firm, abdomen gives the whole body a look of fitness and vitality, but despite regular exercise, you may still have areas of loose abdominal muscle or skin in your midsection that gives your whole body an out-of-shape appearance.
Dr. Patrick Maxwell and Dr. Unger have received extensive accolades for their innovative approaches to breast augmentation and body contouring. Find out more about the benefits of a tummy tuck in Nashville when you request a consultation with Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger or call 615.932.7700 to get in touch with his office by phone.
A Tummy Tuck Can:
- Firm and flatten the body after pregnancy or weight loss
- Restore the position of torn or sagging abdominal muscles
- Tighten and smooth loose abdominal skin
- Remove lower-abdominal fatty deposits
Planning Your Procedure
As skilled and renowned body contouring surgeon and an innovator in new plastic surgery approaches, Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger are passionate about providing natural, aesthetically pleasing results in every procedure. He will assess your shape carefully, review your health history, and explain your options before crafting an individualized surgical plan focused on your needs.
Sagging abdominal tissues have many different causes, and customization and accuracy are key factors in your surgical success. When you meet with Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger, you can be confident that their extensive experience in a full selection of body contouring techniques and years of surgical experience offer you safe, high-quality options and results that accurately match your objectives.
A tummy tuck in Nashville has three different components, which Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger can customize to fit for your lifestyle and needs, and achieve the maximum improvement for your shape. These include:
- Muscle tightening: Weight fluctuations and childbearing can overstretch and tear the abdominal muscles. Dr. Maxwell restores the muscles or their fascial cover in many patients to their original position by stitching them together for a retightened contour. In some healthy patients, this step can be minimized to speed the recovery process.
- Fat removal: Many patients will choose to combine a tummy tuck with liposuction for smoother results that show off their natural muscle tone.
- Skin tightening: Muscle tightening and fat removal results in a tight and flat abdomen as well as a slimmer waistline, so Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger will tighten and trim away excess skin and reposition the point where the belly button comes through the skin (the belly button itself will not move.
For post-weight-loss patients, Dr Maxwell may also recommend a circumferential abdominoplasty or a body lift to tighten loose skin at the hips, buttocks, or thighs. Dr Maxwell helped to pioneer body lift procedures and has extensive experience in these operations, which generally yield dramatic results and extremely grateful patients.
Ideal candidates for a tummy tuck procedure are healthy women and men who eat a healthful diet and maintain a stable weight. Tummy tucks create a thin, curved scar, which Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger take care to position below your bikini line.
Tummy Tuck Surgery and Results
Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger and the helpful, informative staff make themselves available at every stage of your preparation and recovery to answer your questions and help you prepare for your results. You will also meet with Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger again before your surgery to go over any questions.
Abdominoplasty may be performed in MAXWELL AESTHETICS’ own fully-equipped surgical suite or at the Baptist Outpatient Surgery Center (Surgicare), a few blocks from Dr Maxwell’s private clinic. General anesthesia or twilight anesthesia will be selected depending on the extent of the procedure, and hotels are conveniently located for out-of-town patients.
Dr Maxwell and Dr. Unger emphasize safe procedures for all of their patients so they will stress the importance of walking and performing moderate daily activities early on in your recovery. After your procedure, you will wear a compression garment to help ensure smooth results and healthy healing. You will need plenty of rest and relaxation during the first three to four weeks, although most patients feel comfortable returning to light activities just days after surgery.