Tight, firm body contours show off the results of your healthy habits, but in some cases even regular exercise and good nutrition are not enough to correct areas of excess fat. Nashville liposuction is often the best solution to achieve a firmer, tighter look that truly reflects your active lifestyle.
Dr. Patrick Maxwell pioneered advanced liposuction techniques. Working in the mid 1990s with Italian surgeon Dr. Michael Zocchi, Dr. Maxwell developed ultra-sonic liposuction techniques and technologies. Introduced it into the United States, and trained and certified many American surgeons on the concepts. He has further pioneered new techniques in body lift, breast enhancement, and liposuction. Learn more about your options when you request a consultation with Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger personally or call their offices at 615.932.7700 today.
- Smooth out “bra rolls,” “saddlebags,” and other stubborn areas
- Recontour areas such as the buttocks, belly, or thighs
- Correct problem areas resulting from weight loss, pregnancy, or heredity
- Remove lumpy or saggy patches of fat on the lower face
- Emphasize a tighter, firmer, and more flattering body shape
Planning Your Procedure
Internationally recognized as a leader in plastic surgery, Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger dedicates themselves to helping their patients accomplish their goals through a blend of traditional and cutting-edge treatments. As a pioneer of new body contouring technologies, Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger have the experience to provide accurate assessments of your needs and goals, and to recommend the best procedure options for natural-looking Nashville liposuction results.
- Ultrasonic Assisted Liposuction (UAL): One of the first surgeons to develop and refine this technique, Dr. Maxwell has special skill in the use of ultrasonic energy to help liquefy fat before it is removed from the body. This process offers smoother results and a more comfortable recovery than traditional techniques, and is particularly effective for “difficult” areas such as the flanks and thighs. Dr. Maxwell has also pioneered advanced approaches applying UAL technology in breast reduction procedures.
- Tumescent Liposuction: Like ultrasonic liposuction, tumescent liposuction can create a firmer-looking, more attractive result by reducing body areas of unwanted fat and helping to firm the appearance of the overlying skin. Tumescent liposuction can achieve excellent results through tiny, hidden incisions.
- Fine Cannula Liposuction Ideal for localized pockets of fat in the belly, hips, thighs, and buttocks, this approach utilizes a tumescent infiltration technique, with the use of very fine cannulas, criss-crossing the targeted area to remove unwanted fat gently and efficiently, via tiny scars hardly visible. For larger areas of fat, and for patients who want to correct the unsightly effects of weight loss or pregnancy, Dr. Maxwell may recommend an approach that will integrate a tummy tuck or body lift procedure for more complete tightening of the excess skin.
Trusted for his refined aesthetic sense and high standards of surgical accuracy, Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger have a passion for achieving aesthetically pleasing results for every patient, from “straightforward” cases to some of the most challenging ones in the world. In your body contouring consultation he will take into account factors like past weight problems or multiple pregnancies, and develop a surgical plan customized fully according to your unique needs.
Liposuction Surgery and Results
Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger have years of experience performing liposuction, and are committed to helping patients understand their options thoroughly so that they can feel confident about their results. Before your liposuction procedure, the highly trained staff will answer your questions and help make sure you understand what to expect from your procedure and recovery.
Liposuction is typically performed as an outpatient procedure under either “twilight” or general anesthesia in MAXWELL AESTHETICS’ state-of-the-art surgical suite, or at the Baptist Outpatient Surgery Center (Surgicare) nearby. For out-of-town patients, we can recommend a number of hotels in close proximity to both facilities.
Surgery times vary according to the extent of the procedure and the size of the treatment area, but most of Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger’s liposuction procedures take one to several hours to perform. Afterward, you will need to wear a compression garment to help ensure firm, smooth results, and you should be able to return to most daily activities almost immediately. Full recovery will take a few weeks, although skin may take a few months to tighten fully.