Body Lift & Post Bariatric Plastic Surgery in Nashville
Weight loss helps both women and men accomplish their goals for a healthier lifestyle, but in some cases your new habits may not be quite enough to create the smooth, toned physique you were hoping for. If loose skin and tissues creating physical or emotional discomfort that prevents you from enjoying your slim new shape as fully as you would like, a post bariatric plastic surgery procedure in Nashville, TN, is typically the most effective solution.
Dr. Patrick Maxwell and Dr. Unger have earned extensive accolades and an international clientele for their innovative and accurate surgical approaches . Learn more about the benefits of body lift and other post weight loss plastic surgery options in Nashville, TN when you request a consultation with Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger online or contact by phone at 615.932.7700.
A Body Lift Can:
- Reshape the hips, abdomen, back, buttocks, flanks, and thighs in one procedure
- Alleviate the rashes and emotional discomfort associated with excess skin
- Create a tighter, more flattering and toned-looking physique
- Help restore body image and self-confidence after significant weight loss
Planning Your Procedure
Trusted by top-tier surgeons for their advanced surgical skills and sense of aesthetic balance. Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger understands the questions and concerns of post bariatric plastic surgery patients. Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger will carefully and thoroughly evaluate your shape and health history before they make a recommendation to meet your needs.
In most cases, body lift focuses mainly on removing loose excess skin and creating a tighter body shape, but the reality is that most patients require a more tailored approach that will include aspects of one or more other procedures. The basic approaches to body lift include:
- Body lift alone: Most appropriate for younger patients who are not experiencing residual pockets of diet-resistant fat or “belly flab” from overstretched abdominal muscles, this approach requires Dr. Maxwell to remove loose skin along multiple incisions before suturing them closed.
- Body lift with liposuction: Loose skin is an unwelcome reminder of past weight problems, and for many patients isolated areas of diet-resistant fat only add to the problem. For smoother, firmer results Dr. Maxwell may recommend you also receive liposuction to remove fat from problem spots such as the hips, flanks, pubic area, or abdomen.
- Body lift with tummy tuck: One of the most common post weight loss plastic surgery procedures patients receive, a body lift with tummy tuck, or a “circumferential abdominoplasty,” creates extensive improvements to the entire lower body in one procedure. By extending the abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) incision around the body, Dr. Maxwell can smooth the hips, flanks, buttocks, and upper thighs at the same time as he re-tightens loose abdominal muscles.
As a plastic surgeon highly experienced in both reconstructive and cosmetic surgery techniques for an extensive range of breast enhancements, Dr. Maxwell is also uniquely qualified in combining body lift with breast lift, breast augmentation, or both.
Body Lift Surgery and Results
Your safety, surgical success, and comfort are top priority for Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger, and they and the highly trained staff are committed to providing the highest quality of surgical care. They will meet with you before your procedure to address any follow-up questions and clarify any details about your recovery before you head to surgery.
Body lift is performed under general anesthesia, in fully-equipped, state-of-the-art surgical facilities at either MAXWELL AESTHETICS’ specially designed surgical quite, or the Baptist Outpatient Surgery Center (Surgicare) a few blocks away. For out-of-town patients, hotels are also conveniently located nearby.
Safety and precision are the hallmarks of each of Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger’s surgeries, so they will take the necessary time to achieve quality results. Your procedure time will depend on the extent and nature of the treatment area, but body lift typically takes 3-7 hours to perform. Recovery may take over a month, though most of Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger’s weight loss plastic surgery patients are comfortable getting back to most daily activities within about two weeks.
Body lift involves extensive adjustments, so patients should expect to experience some permanent scarring, though incision sites will fade significantly within the first year. Dr. Maxwell and Dr. Unger’s skills do allow them to minimize scarring significantly, and for most patients the many benefits of this procedure far outweigh this more minor concern.